Flexible unoccupied homes cover from Plum
Unoccupied is a policy designed for vacant residential homes in the UK. Our approach is to provide flexible underwriting whatever the scenario; and whilst you can 'quote and buy', this is fully supported by direct access to our team of specialist household underwriters.
Benefits of our Unoccupied policy include:
- Choice of three levels of cover (from basic to full perils).
- Excess free product - unless we have advised otherwise no excess applies for claims, other than for subsidence which is £1,000.
- Short-term cover for your customer’s short term needs – we offer 3/6/9/12 month policies
- The policy can be extended beyond the original term if required.
- Pro-rata refunds given on all periods of cover (subject to no claims)
- Automatically included - Accidents to Domestic Employees, Public Liability & Legal Expenses cover
A client purchased a new home in the name of a trust. The home needed adapting to facilitate their disability and meant the property would be left unoccupied. The client was spending up to £200,000 on works and these would take up to 6 months to complete.
We were able to provide cover on buildings for the existing structure on a 6 month policy. We were also able to include cover for the contents mid term once the client started to move their furniture in. They were happy to do a fortnightly inspection and incepted cover under 'Gold' level. This effectively includes full standard perils as follows:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Earthquake
- Aircraft and other flying devices or items dropped from them
- Property Owners Liability £5m
- Storm, Flood, Weight of Snow
- Collision by vehicle or animal
- Damage by falling trees/telegraph poles/lamp posts
- Escape of water (limited to £7,500)
- Escape of oil (limited to £7,500)
- Theft or Attempted Theft (limited to £7,500)
- Riot, Violent Disorder, Acting maliciously (limited to £7,500)
Speak to us
You can access and download more information about Unoccupied here >>
If you have any questions please get in touch with our dedicated specialist household underwriting team on 0345 481 0069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.