An underwriting agency created in 2002, Plum Underwriting focuses on the specialist home insurance market.
We are backed by Global Risk Partners, who focus on investing in:
- Lloyd’s and London market based intermediaries which operate in the global, specialty insurance and reinsurance markets
- UK based retail intermediaries operating in the personal, SME and middle markets, including schemes and affinity
- Managing General Agents/Underwriters providing specialist propositions across all distribution.
At Plum Underwriting, we offer specialist home insurance products to the UK and ROI insurance broker market, and do this in the following ways:
- on an "open market" basis, where a quote is requested from us via our online broker portal, and we underwrite and issue documentation
- via insurance software houses (such as OpenGI, SSP, CDL) on an EDI basis, where the broker will be able to issue documentation where Plum provides a confirmed quote
- via delegated underwriting authority facilities, where we will provide our brokers with a binder to underwrite business and issue documentation themselves.
In addition to our status as fully approved Lloyd’s of London coverholder, we can also act as a Lloyd’s broker with access to the wider London market.
If you're a broker in the UK or ROI and are interested in trading with us, apply for an agency here.
From 1st January 2022, Plum Underwriting Limited acquired Cherish Insurance Brokers Limited and U-Sure Insurance Services Limited, both specialist home insurance providers and also a part of the GRP group of companies. They continue to trade under the trading styles Cherish Insurance Services and U-Sure Insurance Services.
Our registered address is 7th Floor, Corn Exchange, 55 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7NE.
Our company number is 04509589.
Our Financial Conduct Authority authorisation number is 309166.
We are a member of the Managing General Agents Association (MGAA).
To speak to us, or to find out more, contact us here.