An underwriting agency created in 2002 with roots in Lloyd's of London, Plum Underwriting focuses on the specialist home insurance market.
We are backed by Global Risk Partners, who focus on investing in:
- Lloyd’s and London market based intermediaries which operate in the global, specialty insurance and reinsurance markets
- UK based retail intermediaries operating in the personal, SME and middle markets, including schemes and affinity
- Managing General Agents/Underwriters providing specialist propositions across all distribution.
At Plum Underwriting, we offer specialist home insurance products to the UK and ROI insurance broker market, and do this in the following ways:
- on an "open market" basis, where a quote is requested from us via our online broker portal, and we underwrite and issue documentation
- via insurance software houses (such as OpenGI, SSP, CDL) on an EDI basis, where the broker will be able to issue documentation where Plum provides a confirmed quote
- via delegated underwriting authority facilities, where we will provide our brokers with a binder to underwrite business and issue documentation themselves.
Our underwriting capacity is provided by Lloyd’s of London, the world's leading insurance market, and other leading company market insurers.
In addition to our status as fully approved Lloyd’s of London coverholder, we can also act as a Lloyd’s broker with access to the wider London market.
If you're a broker in the UK or ROI and are interested in trading with us, apply for an agency here.
Our main office is located at Boundary House, 7-17 Jewry Street, London, EC3N 2HP.
Our registered address is 50 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3JY.
Our company number is 04509589.
Our Financial Conduct Authority authorisation number is 309166.
We are a member of the Managing General Agents Association (MGAA).
To speak to us, or to find out more, contact us here.