Ensure your clients are protected should the worst happen with Home Cyber cover from Plum
Automatically included in all Premier (HNW) and Amethyst (MNW) policies
What is Plum's Home Cyber cover?
Cover is automatically included in all Premier (HNW) and Amethyst (MNW) home insurance policies and provides protection for:
- Home systems cover - restoration of systems & data and computer virus removal following cyber attack
- Cyber crime - fraud, cyber ransom, telephone hacking, identity theft assistance
- Cyber online liability - data privacy, computer transmission, defamation & disparagement
The limits provided under each product are as follows:
- Premier - £100,000 cover
- Amethyst - £50,000 cover
- Excess - £500
The claims service
- Claims line open 24/7, call +44 (0) 345 099 1389
- Quick decision made by specialist cyber claims handling teams
- Speedy settlements made within 48 hours
Cyber attacks - some basic tips...
Whilst Premier (HNW) and Amethyst (MNW) clients now have access to Cyber cover, here is a reminder about some basic tips you and your clients can undertake to minimise the risk or the impact of a cyber attack:
- Back up frequently all data and pictures - this negates the need to pay a ransom! Many devices can auto-back up, this simply needs setting up once
- Install the latest firewalls & anti-virus software - do not ignore prompts to install updates. An out of date anti virus will not protect you from the latest methods of attack, these methods are developing daily
- Change your password frequently and ensure it is at least a combination of letters, numbers, upper case, lower case and symbols
- Think before you open any attachment - even it is from someone you know - their account may have been hacked. Run a scan on the attachment before you open it if you are in doubt.
Get a quote
Visit https://portal.plum-underwriting.com and choose either Premier (HNW) or Amethyst (MNW) for a quote (qualifying sums insured criteria apply)