It’s been a very busy time for the Synergy team since our acquisition in March 2016 by Plum Underwriting. I am pleased to say it's been a very positive experience for both Synergy as a business and for the team, and I am delighted to say we have all settled in to life at Plum very well.
With everything settling down so quickly, it has allowed Synergy and our colleagues at Plum to focus our combined attention on products. More specifically, how we integrate ours with those of Plum to create a specialist household proposition which is available to all of our broker partners on one single platform
Relaunch of our High Net Worth and Mid Net Worth product offerings
Later this year you will see both our HNW and MNW household products relaunched on the 'Plum Online Portal' with key cover and rating enhancements. Please watch this space!
Access to Amethyst, our MNW Household policy
Prior to the relaunch we would like to give you a more enhanced service on MNW household. So for contents sums insured between £75,000 and £150,000, we would like you to use Plum's existing MNW product Amethyst via the Plum Online Portal. This allows an instant indication of premium, and for clean risks online binding capability, allowing a quicker response to your clients.
- Worldwide All Risks cover
- £100K Legal Expenses and ID Theft cover
- £500 Home Emergency cover
- A+ rated capacity at Lloyd's
- Greater underwriting flexibility
Click here to view the Amethyst Product Summary and a comparison of Amethyst vs Select.
You should already have a username and password for the Plum Online Portal, however if you need a reminder or have not yet received these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request.
Amethyst commission is 25% for risks submitted online via the portal. Synergy Select renewals will continue to be invited as normal. For any enquiries on Amethyst please contact Ben King on 0203 861 8803 or email@example.com
1st July 2016 onwards
To assist in the delivery of these enhancements, with effect from the 1st July 2016 we will no longer be accepting:
- new business on our Select (MNW) product (household or motor)
- stand-alone motor (new business effective 1st July 2016 and existing business with a renewal date of 1st September 2016 onwards)
Stand alone motor run-off
We understand that withdrawing stand-alone motor may cause you some disruption and we will work with you closely to ensure a smooth run off for existing business:
1. We will send you a full list of all the motor policies that we will not be renewing from 1st September;
2. We will issue non-renewal lists 2 months prior to the renewal month including relevant claims information;
3. We will issue proof of NCB for all qualifying risks 30 days prior to renewal.
Please let me know if there is anything else you need from us to help facilitate this transfer
Access to wider products
As well as Amethyst, all Plum's specialist home products are now available to Synergy brokers. Our combined expertise is there for you when you have a client who needs an underwriter with a specialist approach to risk across the entire spectrum of household insurance, not just HNW and MNW.
The full product range is:
1. Synergy Premier (HNW household and motor)
2. Amethyst (MNW household)
3. HomeWorks (Residential building works)
4. PropertyWorks (Commercial building works)
5. Flex (Non standard home)
6. Retreat (UK holiday homes)
7. Let (Landlords home)
8. Unoccupied (Unoccupied residential homes)
You are very much a key part of helping us to achieve our goals and thank you for your continued support now and in the coming months.
Of course, if you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly on 020 3861 8806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Private Clients
T 020 3861 8806 M 07894 095 094 F 0345 130 0816
Synergy Insurance Services
A trading style of Plum Underwriting Ltd, 3 Lloyd’s Avenue, London, EC3N 3DS