Flex | Policy Wording updates for 2013
Amethyst | exceptional cover for your mid-net-worth clients
We are delighted to announce the re-launch of our mid-net-worth home insurance product – currently known as Elite, about to be known as Amethyst.
Having listened carefully to our brokers’ feedback, we have taken the opportunity to significantly improve the product - with fewer limitations, higher policy limits and new automatic cover extensions.
For quotes with a 1st January 2013 start date and onwards, Amethyst is now automatically available when you log in online. Until then, you can quote your mid-net-worth clients on the existing Elite product.
Please click here to view the Product Summary and What’s Changed? documents in more detail. The following are just a few of the enhancements Amethyst brings:
- Automatic pedal cycles cover from £1,000 to £5,000
- No limit on mobile ‘phones and mobile computer equipment
- No limit on freezer food cover
- Trace and Access cover increased from £5,000 to £15,000
- Home Business Contents cover doubled from £10,000 to £20,000
- Contents in outbuildings limit increased from £2,500 to £10,000
- £5,000 cover for quad bikes, go-carts and off road motorcycles
- £20,000 cover for marquees hired for up to seven days
- £500 for a “hole in one” in an official golf competition
- £5,000 for contents in other homes, places of work, caravans or beach huts
- Cover for loss or damage to contents in storage for up to 15 days whilst moving home
- £100,000 cover for Death of Artist
- £25,000 cover for Defective Title to items of fine art and antiques
- Legal Expenses and Identity Theft limit increased to £100,000
Why use Amethyst?
Service - We have been voted an Insurance Times “Top 5” personal lines insurer for service to brokers for the last two years, and have been ‘Top 10’ since 2010.
Cover - Amethyst is a worldwide, all risks policy which now rivals any mid-net-worth products available to brokers. You can be certain that the cover will meet the expectations of your private client base.
Price - As well as providing comprehensive cover, we have ensured that the pricing remains competitive. You can be confident that an Amethyst quote will help you win new business as well as retain existing clients. As ever, our underwriters are always at hand to assist you where necessary.
Security - The underwriting capacity for Amethyst is provided by Lloyd’s of London, the world’s leading insurance market. Lloyd’s are rated A (Excellent), A+ (Strong) and A+ (Strong) for financial strength, by A.M. Best, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s respectively.
Reputation - Plum have been providing specialist home insurance products to UK brokers for over a decade.
Click here to view our Question and Answer document of frequently asked questions regarding this re-launch.
If you have any further questions, or would like to discuss the product and your agency in more detail, please email Steven Bishop (Business Development Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call him directly on 01787 464408.
We look forward to hearing from you.